McNair Scholars program is recruiting now - application deadline extended to October 27th, 2021! Visit the "Apply to Join McNair" page for more information. Join an info zoom session 10/19 at 3:30pm, 10/20 at 7pm, 10/21 at 10am or 10/22 at 3pm. Zoom link: https://unt.zoom.us/j/82745546727
You may qualify for the UNT McNair Scholars Program if you:
- come from a *low-income household where **neither parent has a four-year degree, or
- are a member of a group underrepresented in graduate education (e.g. African American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan, Hawaiian, Pacific Islander)
- are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- have a GPA of 3.2 or above
- want to obtain a PhD
- would like help navigating the graduate school process
- will be a rising junior by end of Spring 2022 (i.e. will have 60 credit hours completed)
- have four long semesters at UNT remaining before you graduate
* The term "low-income" refers to an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceeding year did not exceed 150% of the poverty level amount.
** Refers to neither parent having a four-year degree from an American university.