The 19th Annual Texas National McNair Research Conference will be held Thursday, February 16 through Sunday, February 19, 2017 at the University of North Texas (UNT).
Sponsored by the UNT McNair Scholars Program, the 2017 conference will provide expanded opportunities to McNair Scholars. They will have the opportunity to:
- Present their research (either oral or poster format) in a low-pressure, professional, and academic setting; UNT faculty members will review and provide feedback for all presentations;
- Visit with graduate school recruiters from a wide range of institutions at our national graduate school fair;
- Meet, network, and socialize with McNair Scholars from across the United States;
- Participate in a variety of panel discussions relevant to preparing for graduate school and ongoing research.
McNair staff that attend will have networking opportunities and are invited to participate in all conference events and activities. McNair staff will also have opportunities to learn more about graduate programs at the University of North Texas.
Scholar Research Presentations
McNair Scholars are encouraged to present at the conference. If you plan to present, the requirements to present are simple:
- Register for the conference at the Scholar rate;
- Submit an abstract of your research and indicate if you will present a poster or an oral presentation (details on the format of the abstract, deadlines, etc. will be forthcoming);
- If presenting a poster, follow the guidelines for size of the poster (details forthcoming) and be at your poster during the poster review and presentation on Friday;
- If doing an oral presentation, bring a copy of your presentation on flash drive or have it accessible via the internet;
- Oral presentations are limited to 12 minutes with 3 minutes for Q&A, and the time limit is enforced;
- Oral and poster presentations are reviewed by a UNT faculty member, who will provide constructive feedback and responses to each presenter.
Key Conference Events By Day (Preliminary)
- Thursday February 16, evening: Welcome reception and social with food;
- Friday February 17, all day and evening: Panel discussions, lunch, poster presentation, graduate school fair, opening dinner;
- Saturday February 18, all day and evening: Oral presentations, breakfast, lunch, and celebration dinner;
- Sunday February 19, morning: Farewell breakfast
- Thursday evening: Casual
- Friday: Business professional
- Friday dinner: Business Casual
- Saturday and Saturday dinner: Business professional
- Sunday breakfast: Casual
Registration rates include conference program, wireless access in conference rooms, and access to all conference events including food events (Thursday social; Friday lunch and dinner; Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner; Sunday breakfast). We will have more registration details soon and the preliminary registration schedule is:
- Early registration
- Regular registration
- Late registration
You will be able to pay the registration online via credit card or through a purchase order.