To remain an active member of the Honors College, you need to earn Honors credits. There are several ways for you to earn Honors credits.
- Take Honors classes at UNT.
- Study Abroad. You’ll earn three Honors credits for each semester you study abroad and three for an approved UNT summer program toward the Honors Scholar or Distinguished Honors Scholar Award.
- Participate in the National Student Exchange (NSE). You will earn three Honors credits for each semester you study at another university through NSE toward the Honors Scholar or Distinguished Honors Scholar Award,
provided you have a 3.00 or better GPA for your exchange.
- Take a capstone course in your major.
- Honors College Enrichment Opportunities.
- Participate in the National Collegiate Honors Council’s Honors Semester when available.
- Honors Contracts allow you the privilege of earning Honors credit for non-honors courses through additional study and projects. Undertaking an Honors contract enriches the learning process. You can broaden your understanding of a subject through in-depth research. It also gives you flexibility if you're unable to find Honors classes pertaining to your major.